Friday, July 28, 2006

le retour

Vacances.

I must say that it is very nice to be back in Europe. I miss small things like walking around on the streets, breathing fresh air, watching people, sitting on a café in downtown Stockholm.
The other day in Lyon we rented velo-v's with J and A. Cruising down the Quai de Rhone, down to the restaurant street, rue Merciere, full and alive with people buzzing in the summer night.

I didnt think that I would actually miss Lyon.
But I do.
The thing is that after a while, new places become part of the everyday life.
La vie quotidienne.
The moment when you dont see the buildings around you, the small details on the windows, and the small candy shop on the corner. That's when you are integrated in the life. People get blinded by the beauty around them. They dont see it anymore.
Maybe we just need to escape to be able to see the beauty again. The beauty that we saw when we first came to the place.
Hmm..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home