Saturday, July 08, 2006

too general

Why do the weekends pass so quickly? I wish I had one more day to really enjoy the weekend. I still have some problems accepting the whole thing about working on Sundays..

Thursday, finished work early. Left Dubai Media City around 18h to go home, get changed and out for drinks with H and his buddies. Now that I have had the opportunity to actually socialize with South African people, I have to say that they are really really nice. Some people that I have met here say that South Africans are dodgy people.. But Im sticking to my theory about getting an opinion of my own.

First we met at this bar called Left Bank at the Madinat Jumeirah (close to the Burj Al Arab hotel). A lot of mixed nationalities in the bar. Most of them seemed to be English (they are everywhere here!!). Not that I have anything against English people (as I have some English blood in me).

After the bar we went to this place called Ibo which was the other side of the city. According to H, it is the most underground-kind-of-place i Dubai. I really enjoyed the evening with nice company, very good music, and a lot of laughs.

Except that weird person hanging around Ibo in his mercedes..

Next day, just chilled out at the pool with K and F on our new lilos. Its staring to get a bit too hot to go sun tanning at the pool. K and F are currently on a diet that makes them a bit feisty..
I almost feel guilty when I eat.. I dont know if I should lock myself in the bathroom to eat my dinner.. Hmm.. not very tempting though..

Tomorrow is work day again. F has promised if France wins on Sunday, we will get monday off!!
Im sooo hoping that they will win.. F has bought special Frace team t-shirts that he picked up in France last week that we will be wearing on Sunday. Dont really know if thats gonna help the French team...But whatever..

Ps.Today's text is dedicated to E and D reading my blog passionately (!?) , asking for more details about my Dubai life. Is this enough details, or do you want more? :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lost in translation said...

hello helloo! later najs me bbq.. fast de lar ju va ganska hett..? jag har en svenska som kommer o halsar pa till helgen som bor i Abu Dhabi! Sa vi lar ju hitta pa natt som utgang..? Vi kan val horas till helgen iallafall o smida planer! fan jag e sa besviken pa frankrike! Eller mer pa Zidane. Frassarna skulle ju vunnit! forresten sa har jag e strange thing att beratta om Mahmud killen.. haha.. next time.. see ya

12:19 PM  
Blogger Lost in translation said...

haha.. alldeles for lang story for att beratta har.. men det involverar hans tjej! (observera INTE EX, utan CURRENT) Han har aldrig gjort slut me sin tjej.. yeye..Tell you later! Vi hors till helgen om party! D'accord?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Edwood said...

Hej!
Sorry for taking sooo much time to get back to your blog.
So THANK YOUUUU for dedicating one of your entries to us dreamers... I'm more refering to me but I don't wanna be selfish (Sell fish?).

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home