Thursday, June 22, 2006

Suede-Allemagne-Samedi

My national instincs seem to appear during this world cup.. Its been hiding out for quite a long time now.


However, I dont seem to be the only one.

F the ofter day went totally crazy when the Frenchies were playing the Sushis (not my words). He jumped around like crazy everytime the French came closer to making a goal.
Football is a real phenomenon. The effect that it has on people. It is pretty fun just to watch the people around the TV screen instead of watching the game. The expressions, the sounds the people are making..
The other day when Sweden was playing England, I suddenly had a moment. I just looked at the players. Grown up men running after a round little white thing called a football.
It is interesting how a little ball can affect people to that level.
ps. Sweden will win on Saturday

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's funny how football (a pretty insignificant game, when you think about it) can play on certain strings and have you sing along to a national anthem.

Are we really that excited about eleven men and a leather ball.

Or are we being sold something else?

Ho hum ;-)

'James'

ps. cf The Jam "Going Underground"

... the public wants what the public gets... so let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout for tomorrow...

1:07 AM  
Blogger Lost in translation said...

Interesting..

Football makes me think of Freud actually. And that in turn makes me think of this "......." teacher I had once.. ;)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home