Saturday, October 21, 2006

Le vieux rock au mambo bidon

I remember my first CD. I got it as a gift when I was 10 years old from my father who had just been in Paris over the weekend. I had no idea who the girl on the cover was. But once I put the CD in the stereo, I was in love with the music coming out from the speakers. I listened to it so much that I could sing along with her (without knowing what the words meant).

Vanessa Paradis was my idol for several years after that. And I still know the lyrics by heart from that CD.

Maybe that's where my attraction to France began? Maybe I'm destined to end up in France...

What I do know is that I still have that CD.
It's waiting for me in France.

5 Comments:

Blogger Edwood said...

How so very cuuuuute!!!
I imagin you well jumping on the bed and swinging your pinkish-bowed double-braided blondish hair side to side all with a made-to-be microphone singing a song that you can't even pronounce half well enough; which just makes it all the more cute. An all-time favorite wannabe Star!!
I wish I had a good memory of my first music encounter; mine only led me to the stupidest teenage rebellion stage ever ever recorded in the du Mesnil history.
:-)

ciao ciao

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lost in translation said...

haha.. what music did u listen to? Rebellion stage. Sounds interesting. haha. Did you dye your hair black by any chance?

10:45 PM  
Blogger Edwood said...

The group was Metallica (no comments please).
I wore dark clothes, had long hair, & would run away from my parents just to piss them off.
I made my life horrible & I hate myself for that.

Now all I can say is... smile!

:-)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lost in translation said...

heh. do u have pics?

11:04 AM  
Blogger Edwood said...

oh GOD no!! I sent them all to burn in Hell where they belong!
Or maybe I'll try to recover one, but only in exchange for one of you jumping on your bed singing some Vanessa Paradis out of your hair dryer, with those pink bows in your hair I talked about.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home