Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pastis?


Another weekend has passed. Again too quickly.

Thursday started off really well. Came back to the house after a looong work week. Had a nice little Mauresque (Hmm.. pastis is normally not my thing) and a little swim in the pool. And that's when it started to go downhill. We ended up staying at home, having a Soiree Lyonnaise with Quenelles, wine, and a movie.

Friday morning we went for brunch at the Ritz Carlton hotel. Good selection of food. Though a little hard eating Sushi for breakfast/brunch... 120 Dirhams was a pretty good price for what they offered I must say.

Friday evening, went with Gabin, some Frenchies and Katarina to 360 (photo). The bar is just next to the Burj Al Arab hotel, and Jumeirah beach hotel (in the background). Though it is too hot to be outside. Even in the evening. Sweaty experience that followed with even more sweat at the Apartment. Hip hop night with really good DJs on both the dance floors. I have to say that I was really happy to hear some RnB and Hip Hop after all the house/techno music that is playing at (almost) all nightclubs.

Saturday, woke up really late, went to the pool for a while and then spent rest of the day just chilling at the house. I can't wait until the temperature starts to go down so that we can do more things outside. I have a list with things I want to do before I go home. But now it is too hot to do anything really. We are practically never outside. We stay at a villa with AC, go to the car with AC, park in the building with AC, go up to the office in an elevator with AC, to the office with... yes! AC! I'm in need of some fresh air!

Ramadan starts next week already. It's gonna be interesting to see what the Ramadan tents have to offer.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to tonight's HeloMoto, Motorola Event in Al-Quoz.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are complaining because you are paying 120 Dirhams to eat!! I'm so bored this morning but hopefully i have Maths to do :) Grrr
Have a good day, even if you are at work!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Lost in translation said...

hey! I wasnt complaining!! 120 dirhams is like 24 euros.. and you should see the food.. :) WOrk day for me.. chill day for you! Profites bien!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home